|Autumn 1||Autumn 2||Spring 1||Spring 2||Summer 1||Summer 2|
|Ancient Greece||Early Islamic Civilisation||Chocolate||Jamaica|
Children Designed and created a Greek Vase.
The skills used in this project expressed as questions for the children to answer were:
- Can I use a range of information to inform my design?
- Can I follow and refine my plan if necessary?
- Can I justify my plan to someone else?
- Do I consider culture and society in my design?
- Can I say if my product is fit for purpose?
- Can I evaluate what would improve it?
As Part of out Ancient Greek Topic the children were asked to depict the story of the twelve Labours of Hercules.
Children Worked together to make sure each story was represented. Additionally, they had to make a printing stamp to use as the border for their work.
Skill - Building up drawings and images of the whole or parts of items using various techniques - card.
We had a visit from an Imam from a mosque to talk to us about the Muslim faith. We have been learning about the five pillars of Islam.
Showing understanding of the french vocabulary.
Write at various length for different purposes and audiences.