Is your child starting school in September 2018?
Do you know somebody whose child is starting school in September 2018?
If the answer is yes, why not join one of our school tours?
These are always extremely popular and places are already beginning to fill up quickly!
To book a tour, click here.
Welcome to our School
Dear Parents and Carers
On behalf of all the staff and governors I would like to welcome you to Wigmore Primary School.
Following our recent Expansion project of 9 new classrooms, we are a large two/three form entry school, situated on the outskirts of Luton.
At Wigmore we aim to give every child the best start possible to their education and continue high quality teaching and learning throughout their time in our school.
All our staff work tirelessly to ensure the pupils in every year group get the best possible quality of education. We aim for our children to enjoy and achieve through an exciting curriculum that makes learning fun.
We hope that you enjoy your visit to our website and are able to find any information that you need. Please feel free to contact the school with any comments or queries you may have.
Thank you very much for your visit.
|I am extremely proud to announce that wigmore primary has been awarded the AFPE quality mark. We have also received the quality mark with distinction, which is the highest accreditation possible. This is an incredible achievement for the school and i would like to thank staff, pupils and parents for their help which has ensured we have a fantastic sports programme here at Wigmore.|
The purpose of the afPE Quality Mark
A prestigious award is a powerful way of celebrating success. The afPE Quality Mark will recognise, through a succinct self review and evaluation process, the strength and quality of physical education and sport in your school. It will raise the profile of the subject and the school both locally and nationally and will promote the high quality work that is being undertaken on a day to day basis. High quality physical education and sport makes a difference to the learning and experiences of children and young people both within the subject and more widely across the curriculum.
The benefits of the afPE Quality Mark
- Ensures rigour and sustainability in the planning, monitoring and continuous development of high quality physical education and sport
- Recognises outstanding practice and innovation in physical education and sport
- Raises the profile of physical education and sport at a local, regional and national level
- Involves individuals and groups in recording and celebrating success so that the school ‘stands out from the crowd’
- Recognises best practice in physical education and sport and provides a platform for sharing excellence and success
- Promotes a positive message to the local community
- Celebrates excellence in the organisation, management and delivery of physical education and sport
- Showcases how PE and sport contributes to whole school improvement
Latest School Calendar Events
- School Holiday21Oct2017